Fresh strawberries and lots of chocolate. What could be better? Learn how to make these simple little sweethearts here in the Ginger and Baker Teaching Kitchen!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 pounds ripe strawberries, with leaves
- garnishes – sprinkles, colored sugar, chopped nuts, etc.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Wash and dry strawberries.
Melt each chocolate separately in a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Alternately, melt each in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted.
Grasp strawberries by the stems and dip in melted chocolate. Allow excess to drizzle off. Place on prepared tray. Chill until set, about an hour.
- dip in sprinkles or colored sugar after dipping.
- dip in one type of chocolate and drizzle with a contrasting chocolate
- create tuxedos by dipping strawberries in white chocolate, letting them dry, then dipping each side in dark chocolate leaving a ‘V’ of white chocolate in the center. Pipe tiny buttons down the ‘V’ with dark chocolate.