- This event has passed.
May 3rd, 2022
06:00PM - 08:00PM
Join Ginger and the team as we discuss this month’s food themed book,
Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet
Maire is a baker with an extraordinary gift: she can infuse her treats with emotions and abilities, which are then passed on to those who eat them. She doesn’t know why she can do this and remembers nothing of who she is or where she came from.
When marauders raid her town, Maire is captured and sold to the eccentric Allemas, who enslaves her and demands that she produce sinister confections, including a witch’s gingerbread cottage, a living cookie boy, and size-altering cakes.
During her captivity, Maire is visited by Fyel, a ghostly being who is reluctant to reveal his connection to her. The more often they meet, the more her memories return, and she begins to piece together who and what she really is—as well as past mistakes that yield cosmic consequences.
From the author of The Paper Magician series comes a haunting and otherworldly tale of folly and consequence, forgiveness and redemption.
Food and drink will be available for purchase during the event and a complimentary snack from the book will be served. Visit Old Fire House Books in Old Town Fort Collins to purchase your book. Book purchases at Old Fire House Books the month before or month of book club receive a 20% discount for being a part of the Ginger and Baker Book Club.
*Book Club is a free event. No ticket is necessary but RSVP’s are appreciated.
If you are looking to dive into next months delicious read; In April we will be reading:
June 7, 2022
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life
Author Barbara Kingsolver and her family abandoned the industrial-food pipeline to live a rural life—vowing that, for one year, they’d only buy food raised in their own neighborhood, grow it themselves, or learn to live without it. Part memoir, part journalistic investigation, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle is an enthralling narrative that will open your eyes in a hundred new ways to an old truth: You are what you eat.
• ALL TEACHING KITCHEN TICKETS ARE FINAL and NON_REFUNDABLE and must be used for the specific class for which they are purchased. However, Teaching Kitchen tickets can be transferred to friends or family should you be unable to attend. Simply forward your confirmation number to them!
• We reserve the right to cancel a class due to inclement weather, low attendance or emergencies. If we need to cancel, we will notify you by telephone and email to ensure we reach you and offer you a credit towards another class or a full refund.
• Our cooking classes are designed for adults, ages 18 and older.
• We do offer specific classes for kids and teens. Please review our calendar for class offerings.
Food Substitution Policy
• We respectfully decline any substitutions or modifications to our published menus. We are unable to deviate from the published menu without adversely affecting the experience of other students. We are happy to craft a private class with you and customize according to dietary restrictions and allergies. Class attendants are always welcome to order from our restaurant menu, during class, as an alternative.
Stay up to Date!
• If you’re interested in hearing about upcoming classes or have a class suggestion, please send our Teaching Kitchen Coordinator an email with your name and number!
FAQ: To register for a class with a gift card, please email or call our Teaching Kitchen Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970.223.7437 option 4
Thank you !!