- This event has passed.
March 1st, 2022
06:00PM - 08:00PM
Join Ginger and the team as we discuss this month’s food themed book,
Kitchens of the Great Midwest
by J. Ryan Stradal
A young woman with a once-in-a-generation palate finds her solace and salvation in the flavors of her native Minnesota. From Scandinavian lutefisk to hydroponic chocolate habaneros, each ingredient represents one part of her journey as she becomes the star chef behind a legendary and secretive pop-up supper club, culminating in an opulent and emotional feast that’s a testament to her spirit and resilience. Each chapter tells the story of a single dish and character….delving into the ways food creates community and a sense of identity.
Food and drink will be available for purchase during the event and a complimentary snack from the book will be served. Visit Old Fire House Books in Old Town Fort Collins to purchase your book. Book purchases at Old Fire House Books the month before or month of book club receive a 20% discount for being a part of the Ginger and Baker Book Club.
*Book Club is a free event. No ticket is necessary but RSVP’s are appreciated.
If you are looking to dive into next months delicious read; In April we will be reading:
Epitaph for a peach
A lyrical, sensuous and thoroughly engrossing memoir of one critical year in the life of an organic peach farmer, Epitaph for a Peach is “a delightful narrative . . . with poetic flair and a sense of humor”.
• Due to class prep-time, staffing and food purchases, cancellations made within one (1) week of your class will not qualify for a refund or credit. If you need to cancel within a week, we suggest you try to sell or gift your tickets to friends or family!
• G and B reserves the right to cancel a class due to inclement weather, low attendance or emergencies. If we need to cancel, we will notify you by telephone and email to ensure we reach you and offer you a credit towards another class or a full refund.
• Our cooking classes are designed for adults, ages 18 and older.
• We do offer specific classes for kids and teens. Please review our calendar for class offerings.
Food Substitution Policy
• We respectfully decline any substitutions or modifications to our published menus. We are unable to deviate from the published menu without adversely affecting the experience of other students. We are happy to craft a private class with you and customize according to dietary restrictions and allergies. Class attendants are always welcome to order from our restaurant menu, during class, as an alternative.
Stay up to Date!
• Please stay tuned for our new and upcoming classes starting this August featuring vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free class menus! If you would are interested in hearing about upcoming classes regarding this theme, please send our Teaching Kitchen Coordinator an email with your name, and number!
More Questions? Email or call Geneva, our Teaching Kitchen Coordinator!
FAQ: To register for a class with a gift card, please email or call Geneva, our Teaching Kitchen Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970.223.7437 option 4
Thank you !!