Teaching Kitchen Coordinator
As a member of the Events, Marketing and Community Engagement Team and the Ginger and Baker Management Team, the Teaching Kitchen Coordinator is instrumental in developing and fulfilling the short/long-term goals for the property and executing the teaching kitchen philosophy.
The Teaching Kitchen is a place where people gather and many different things are learned. Everything from cooking to baking to crafts to wine tastings and so much more, the Teaching Kitchen is a venue for learning, fun, experimentation, sharing and making memories. We are looking for a person who can craft experiences that attract all aspects of the community to Ginger and Baker. The Teaching Kitchen Coordinator is a highly administrative position with a strong emphasis on creating customer experiences. The ideal person for this position will be an ardent planner, covering every detail of an event from origination, marketing, booking, pre-planning, ordering supplies, class set-up, effective communication with faculty and guests, efficient execution of the event, fun class-closings with photos and social media exposure, and feedback and follow up with guests. A key part of every employee’s job is to serve as a Ginger and Baker ambassador, engaging guests and guest instructors at every opportunity.
1. Maintain a positive work environment by working and communicating in a courteous and professional manner with all guests, co-workers and vendors.
2. Lead by example, fostering departmental teamwork and collaboration.
3. Maintain awareness of all safety, state & federal sanitation and security procedures relevant to the department and property.
4. Maintain awareness of buildings business levels, reservations, group/events and special requests or functions and their potential effect on the operations by staying in communication with the Teaching Kitchen Coordinator and event teams.
5. Exceed required standards/goals to achieve superior guest service by applying our documented service standards at all times.
6. Handle all manager, team member, and guest correspondence in a timely and efficient manner, not to exceed more than a 48-hour period.
7. Assist with Special Event/ In-House Event planning and marketing.
8. Assist with supply ordering and invoicing for classes and events.
9. Ensure all reporting and time sensitive needs are supplied to appropriate parties when required (historical records, financials, receipts, emails, HR needs, inventories/pars, schedules, logs, recipes, etc.)
10. Attend and contribute to required meetings, including weekly event meetings and management team meetings.
11. Participates in and promotes safety, accident prevention and sustainability/recycling efforts.
12. Represents Ginger and Baker at community and industry events as necessary.
13. Maintain a presence during class setup, operation, and clean up time.
14. Ensure all reporting and time sensitive needs are supplied to appropriate parties when required (historical records, financials, receipts, emails, HR needs, inventories/pars, schedules, logs, recipes, etc.)
15. Actively supervise the greeting and class check in of our guests.
16. Represents Ginger and Baker at community and industry events as necessary.
17. Perform any reasonable tasks as requested by management and your team.
18. Culinary or restaurant experience and teaching experience is a plus but not mandatory.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required• Computer, personal telephone, copy machine and other basic office equipment. • Point-of-sale System, Micros a plus, inventory software, Wordpress website management.
Preferred Education and Experience
Must possess minimum Bachelors college degree or equivalent educational experience. Must possess good knowledge of customer service, event design, class scheduling, and superior administrative skills. Experience in invoicing, filing, and marketing is desirable. Restaurant experience is very helpful as well.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have TIPS, first aid and SERV Safe/County required certifications. Ginger and Baker will organize and fund required trainings.
• The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.