Teaching Kitchen Assistant
This position may blend culinary talent, setup/breakdown, cleaning, serving beverages, and teaching skills to support the Culinary Instructor in driving amazing guest experiences. The Teaching Kitchen Assistant reports to the Teaching Kitchen Coordinator. This position is responsible for creating an atmosphere that will inspire Guests and Team Members to return. The Teaching Kitchen Assistants serve as a Ginger and Baker ambassadors, engaging the guest at every opportunity and ensuring a memorable experience, creating repeat guests
The main responsibilities of the Teaching Kitchen Assistant are to arrive to the building several hours before class at their scheduled time, set up the room based on equipment lists provided to them, assist the chef during class, bus tables, return clean dishes to their assigned areas, communicate with guests during class and also answer basic questions about the Teaching Kitchen and Ginger and Baker. You may serve drinks during class, help set the room for the end of class for guests to eat, and clean the room to set standards after all guests have left.
• Follows and adheres to our customer service standards to exceed the Guest expectation.
• Delivers all required support in setup/service during class/breakdown and cleaning as instructed, resulting in creating an exceptional cooking class experience at each class using the game plans provided.
• Stays informed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses available training and seeks out additional resources when necessary.
• Ensures high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the experience by keeping work area and guest areas clean and organized.
• Ensures all food items are cooked under sanitary conditions.
• Follows and adheres to our standard operating procedures (SOPs) are maintained and consistently followed.
• Seeks opportunities to increase cooking class participation and retail sales.
• Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers.
• May handle, serve, and pour liquor, wine and beer and/or mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water and etc.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by TK Coordinator and Class Instructors.
• Able to learn our Ginger and Baker history talking points and communicate them/share stories with guests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required• This position represents the company in assisting of handling compliments and complaints. As such, you will be expected to work with other Team Members, Instructors and Guests to ensure satisfaction, handling negative experiences and sharing and thanking for positive experiences. • Remains calm under pressure.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Proficient oral communication skills with other Guests, members of management, professional, and support staff are also required.
• Professional beverage or restaurant service, knife and culinary skills a plus.
• Able to accurately read and make measurements.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Desired SERV Safe/Food Handlers certifications. Ginger and Baker will organize and fund required trainings.
• The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic cleaning chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors or odors, or recognizing particular flavors or odors using tongue or nose.