As a member of the management team, the Restaurant Manager is instrumental in and fulfilling the short/long-term goals for the property and executing the Ginger and Baker philosophy. This position is responsible for creating an atmosphere that will inspire guests and associates to return. The above goals will be accomplished by the proper implementation, promotion and success of our operations through continual evaluation of the products/services provided while insuring effective training of the service teams. The individual will instill a strong atmosphere of service excellence in order to promote self-motivation and will redirect performance as soon as discrepancies are observed/experienced. The individual will develop guidelines and goals within the structure of the budget, achieving results through practice of prudent management techniques and cost controlling measures. This position will coordinate and oversee all aspects and functions of the restaurants, lounge & banquets. A key part of every employee’s job is to serve as a Ginger and Baker ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
Restaurant Manager focuses on supporting The Café Manager by maintaining our high standards & maximizing profits of the business.
- Reviewing & supervising staffing levels to ensure guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met
- Identifying any developmental needs of your team and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping them to improve their knowledge or skills
- Providing guidance and direction to the Team, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish goals
- Ensuring compliance with: All food & beverage policies, standards, and procedures by training, supervising, and providing follow-up and hands-on management, All applicable laws and regulations, as well as food handling and sanitation standards
- Ensuring staff understands local, state, and federal liquor laws
- Handling guest opportunities and complaints while delivering excellent customer service
- Meeting with guests on an informal basis (during meals or upon departure) to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels, and overall satisfaction
- Ensuring corrective action such as coaching & counseling is taken to continuously improve service results
- Ensuring all associates have proper supplies, equipment & uniform
- Participating in department meetings by communicating a clear & consistent message regarding department goals to produce desired results
- Creates effective incentive/sales programs that positively affect profits, revenues and guest experiences.
- Represents Ginger and Baker at community and industry events as necessary.
- Perform any reasonable tasks as requested by management
Preferred Education and Experience
Must possess minimum Associates college degree or equivalent educational experience. Two (2+) years of relevant or Forbes/AAA Four (4) star/diamond Hotel/Restaurant F&B Management experience. Must have basic proficiency of Microsoft Word & Excel software applications. Must possess good knowledge of service, wine and spirit service.
- that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.