This position is being posted to attract experienced talent to meet our upcoming needs in our restaurant/s Prep Kitchen.
Cooks are responsible for preparing food of consistent quality and assisting in kitchen functions.
- Prepare food for creative from scratch kitchen with little to no waste following recipe cards.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per company standards. Fill out all Temperature logs daily and report any issues to chef.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping the line stocked and clean at all times.
- Must be able to communicate with others and enjoy helping others.
- Assist in plating, transporting food and equipment up several stairs, and maintain a clean and tightly work space in all areas.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, flat top, etc.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Two (2yrs) Upscale and/or hotel culinary experience preferred.
- Culinary degree a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have first aid and SERV Safe/County required certifications.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Ability to speak English and hear