The Porter contributes to the success of Ginger and Baker. This position is instrumental in supporting the Team and the Ginger and Baker philosophy. Your communication style is respectful, effective, timely and sincere. A key part of every employee’s job is to serve as a Ginger and Baker ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
Work in a team environment to ensure all surfaces and areas of Ginger and Baker are in showroom condition at all times, Support the event department in setting up, breakdown, and cleaning of event space. This position is also responsible for helping out in all areas of the building as needed.
- Cleans all ceilings, walls, woodwork, windows, light fixtures, drains, floors, elevator, stairways.
- Sweeps, scrubs, cleans floors/patios using brooms, mops and powered scrubbing machines.
- Cleans area rugs, floor mats, upholstered furniture.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Polishes metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
- Cleans restrooms on a rotating basis, empties wastebaskets, refills soap and hand towels as needed.
- Responsibility assumed for careful use of supplies issued for performance of cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Proper uniform worn at all times.
- Acknowledgement and a pleasant greeting given to each and every guest.
- Thorough knowledge of all in house products along with local area information to assist customer when needed.
- Team effort displayed in keeping the commercial area clean and neat.
- You will empower himself/herself to accept any customer problem brought to their attention as their problem and do everything in their power to get the problem resolved.
- Associate will assist fellow Team Members in maintaining the storerooms in a clean, neat and organized state.
- Porter must display a team attitude and assist co-workers when the need arises.
- Completes assigned preparatory work and beautification duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY
- Protect the safety of self, Team Members and Guests at all times.
- Promptly report any incidents and/or potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s).
- Report/document safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as required.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required• As a Team Member you will be expected to work with Team Members and Guests to ensure satisfaction. You should possess the capability to remain calm under pressure
Preferred Education and Experience
- Proficient oral communication skills with other members of management, professional, and support staff are also required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Able to accurately read and make measurements.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• First aid
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors or odors, or recognizing particular flavors or odors using tongue or nose.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.