Line Cook – The Cache
Join a talented culinary team, supporting a night-time, upscale casual menu. With the opportunity to work beside a professional cooking staff to deliver beautiful food based on locally and seasonally selected products, Cooks in The Cache will contribute to a successful and growing restaurant. Open just two years, The Cache enjoys a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and professional service staff. We are looking for highly trained, experienced and motivated cooks to contribute to an exceptional dining experience.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards.
- Able to work Sauté and Grill stations with ease, meeting high standards of food preparation and guest expectations.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per company standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures at all times.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping the line stocked and clean at all times.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, flat top, etc.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Work alongside other Cache culinary staff, with a commitment to team work, excellence and a can-do attitude.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities RequiredKnowledge of any and all kitchen equipment including ware washing machine, cleaning equipment.
Preferred Education and Experience
Minimum of 5 years of cooking experience in an upscale environment.
Demonstrated culinary skills.
Ability to multi-task while executing with discipline and precision.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
SERV Safe/County required certifications.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to perform in a high stress environment. The employee is required to stand for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.