Facilities support contributes to the success of Ginger and Baker. This position is instrumental in supporting the Team and the Ginger and Baker philosophy. Your communication style is respectful, effective, timely and sincere. A key part of every employee’s job is to serve as a Ginger and Baker ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main duty of this position is supporting the event department in setting up, breakdown, and cleaning of event space. This position will also be required to work porter shifts as needed. Work in a team environment to ensure all surfaces and areas of Ginger and Baker are in showroom condition at all times.
• Assist Event Director in assembling and disassembling tables and chairs for special events. Reads basic room schematics and follow directions without assistance.
• Must have the ability and confidence in using power tools and various hand tools.
• Must be able to read and take measurements with a tape measure.
• Must have experience in light mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
• Cleans all ceilings, walls, woodwork, windows, light fixtures, drains, floors, elevator, stairways.
• Sweeps, scrubs, cleans floors/patios using brooms, mops and powered scrubbing machines.
• Cleans area rugs, floor mats, upholstered furniture.
• Dusts furniture and equipment.
• Polishes metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
• Cleans restrooms on a rotating basis, empties wastebaskets, refills soap and hand towels as needed.
• Responsibility assumed for careful use of supplies issued for performance of cleaning and maintenance duties.
• Proper uniform worn at all times.
• Acknowledgement and a pleasant greeting given to each and every guest.
• Thorough knowledge of all in house products along with local area information to assist customer when needed.
• Team effort displayed in keeping the commercial area clean and neat.
• You will empower himself/herself to accept any customer problem brought to their attention as their problem and do everything in their power to get the problem resolved.
• Associate will assist fellow Team Members in maintaining the storerooms in a clean, neat and organized state.
• Porter must display a team attitude and assist co-workers when the need arises.
• Completes assigned preparatory work and beautification duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities RequiredMATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Able to accurately read and make measurements. DISCRETION/ INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT • As a Team Member you will be expected to work with Team Members and Guests to ensure satisfaction. • Remains calm under pressure
Preferred Education and Experience
Proficient oral communication skills with other members of management, professional, and support staff are also required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors or odors, or recognizing particular flavors or odors using tongue or nose.