We are pleased that you are exploring Ginger and Baker. Ginger and Baker is a place where high expectations aren’t just met – they’re exceeded. We believe our Guests deserve caring and attentive Team Members who work hard to provide efficient service and meaningful experiences. It’s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. At Ginger & Baker, we care for people so they can be their best. We continue to be recognized as one of Fort Collins best companies to work for. Ginger and Baker Team Members work in an environment that drives exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards- whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment.
As an Event Server, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our brand and dining experiences. Your warm, personal attention provides a memorable first impression for our Guests in providing superior service and memorable experiences resulting in potential repeat and referral business of our restaurants, bars and facilities, making them feel welcome and valued. Personally, engage with our Guests in a Warm and Authentic manner at all times. Create an experience with every Guest that generates a Good Will Ambassador for Ginger and Baker.
As a Event Server, you will fill a guest services role in supporting our financial goals of the daily operation of the event facilities and/or other areas of the departments. You will provide prompt and courteous food and beverage service to banquet guests during event/ catering functions to ensure the highest quality of product and service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability.
- Read, understand and abide by the employee handbook, policies and departmental procedures.
- Maintain a positive work environment by working and communicating in a courteous and professional manner with all Guests, Team Members and Management.
- Maintain awareness of all safety and security procedures relevant to the department and property.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with Guests.
- Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to the banquet event order; times the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
- Performs pre- and post-shift side work; set-up, condiments, etc.
- Clears table after service. Removes trays of dirty dishes, silverware and glassware to kitchen for cleaning.
- Clears room at end of banquet of all props and centerpieces and properly returns to storage.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Performs pre and post-shift side work including stock service station, makes coffee, etc.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Lead by example fostering departmental teamwork and collaboration.
- Follow the set-up and breakdown of banquet/events.
- Follow table assignment diagram as directed
- Ensure proper service standards are consistently met
- Ensure all function rooms are left in showroom condition or set for the succeeding function at all times
- Ensure completion of all closing duties
- Promptly and courteously attend to all known Guest issues and concerns
- Any other reasonable requests made by management.
- Provide feedback to Event Captain and Events Department regarding improvements, growth for the company and events
Preferred Education and Experience
Have a minimum of 1-year outlet food service experience with a general knowledge of banquet operations and wine and spirit service.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.