- Prepare food for creative from scratch kitchen with little to no waste following recipe cards.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per company standards. Fill out all Temperature logs daily and report any issues to chef.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping the line stocked and clean at all times.
- Must be able to communicate with others and enjoy helping others.
- Assist in plating, transporting food and equipment up several stairs, and maintain a clean and tightly work space in all areas.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, flat top, etc.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
- Protect the safety of self, Team Members and Ginger and Baker Guests at all times.
- Promptly report any incidents and/or potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s).
- Report/document safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as required.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities RequiredOperate ovens, dishwasher, any and all kitchen equipment not limited to stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers. Must be well organized and able to multi-task. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Able to accurately read and make measurements. DISCRETION/ INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT • You will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges and involve the Chef when previous methods have been unsuccessful. • Remains calm under pressure
Preferred Education and Experience
- Two (2yrs) Upscale and/or hotel culinary experience preferred.
- Culinary degree a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have SERV Safe/County required certifications.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Ability to speak English and hear