As a member of the management team, this position is instrumental in developing and fulfilling the short-term as well as long-term goals of Ginger and Baker and executing our philosophy. This position is responsible for creating an atmosphere that will inspire Guests and Team Members to return. The above goals will be accomplished by the proper implementation, promotion, and success of our operations through continual evaluation of the products/services provided while ensuring effective training of the service teams. The individual will help instill a strong atmosphere of service excellence in order to promote self-motivation and will redirect performance as soon as discrepancies are observed/experienced. This individual will help develop guidelines and goals within the structure of the budget, achieving results through prudent management techniques and cost controlling measures.
You will be a hands-on Chef, working alongside the team providing clear direction, strong motivation, development of each Team Member to be the best and insure consistency of quality. You will also be able to manage the wider day to day operations in the absence of the Chef.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Performs management duties including, but not limited to, systems management, budget and forecasting, report generation and meeting participation and facilitation on a timely manner
- Assists with interviewing, training, assigning duties and supervision of the kitchen/stewarding staff during the preparation, cooking and expediting of food items.
- Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature-setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Adheres to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Assists in menu development/planning activities.
- Scheduling/managing culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
- Supervises daily cleaning/sanitation/organization in your kitchen, ware washing, walk-in and reach-in boxes, flooring, walls, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities RequiredDISCRETION/ INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT • This position does represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances. As a Manager you will be expected to work with Team Members and Guests to ensure satisfaction. • As a Manager will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges and involve the Director when previous methods have been unsuccessful. • Remains calm under pressure PERSONAL SKILLS • Strong communication skills with management and team members • Strong work ethic, willingness to roll up sleeves and get the job done • Reliable, with a sense of urgency • Energetic • Capable of being flexible within the role PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS • Ability to speak and hear English and Spanish a plus • Close and distance vision • Frequent sitting with mostly walking and standing at times • Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds. • Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in events and culinary arts in a free-standing restaurant or resort/hotel
- Must be well organized and able to multi-task
- Catering experience a plus
- Strong staff management capabilities
- Passion for new flavor profiles and cooking techniques
- Knowledge of cost and labor processes
- Have a basic knowledge of service and food and beverage products
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a PC/Software system
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Must have SERV Safe/County required certifications.
• Within 90 days of employment be a Certified Food Protection Manager
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.