The Dishwasher contributes to the success of the Culinary Brigade, Restaurants and Kitchens at Ginger and Baker. This position is instrumental in supporting the Team and the G&B philosophy.
Work in a team environment to ensure all dishware, utensils, glassware, and kitchen equipment are sanitized properly. This position is also responsible for helping out in all areas of the kitchen as needed.
- Provides guests and employees with clean and sanitized flatware, plate ware, glassware, kitchen utensils and equipment by ensuring that all ware is washed according to sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Sets up dish machine in the morning and closes down machine in the evening according to company procedures.
- Places clean flatware, plate ware, glassware, kitchen utensils and equipment in previously specified shelves.
- Keeps sanitation solution up to company codes at all times.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance within the dishwashing area and takes prompt corrective action where necessary; suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Completes assigned preparatory work and beautification duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY
- Protect the safety of self, Team Members and Guests at all times.
- Promptly report any incidents and/or potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s).
- Report/document safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as required.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
Preferred Education and Experience
Proficient oral communication skills with other members of management, professional, and support staff are also required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
First aid and/any SERV Safe/County required certifications.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors or odors, or recognizing particular flavors or odors using tongue or nose.