Join a committed team, helping to build a nationally recognized brand. Housed in an historic grain mill, Ginger and Baker has 2 restaurants: The Cafe, a casual neighborhood experience for breakfast, lunch and dinner; and The Cache, an upscale casual nighttime restaurant and rooftop patio, with an award-winning wine list.
The Restaurant Manager is a representative of the business and an ambassador for The Café, focused on providing exceptional guest service and effective management of Café staff, including hosts, servers, bartenders, bussers, food-runners, back-waits and other roles as needed. Two assistant managers will report directly to the Café Manager. The Manager works closely with the Chef to ensure accurate feedback on menu items, monitoring quality and guest response and handling guest issues real-time. The manager will also work closely with the Cache manager on scheduling and personnel management.
Lead daily restaurant operations with a focus on flawless execution to enhance the guest experience and increase restaurant profit.
- Hiring, training, coaching, mentoring and enhancing the capabilities of all Café staff.
- Providing guidance and direction to the team, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Identifying any developmental needs of the service team and coaching to improve to improve their knowledge or skills
- Ability to motivate others to accomplish goals
- Implement corrective actions and ensure steps are taken as needed, to continuously improve service results
- Providing training and direction, ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local food & beverage and liquor laws/policies, standards, and procedures.
- Providing follow-up and hands-on management to ensure execution of food handling and sanitation standards
- Meeting with guests on an informal basis (during meals or upon departure) to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels, and overall satisfaction
- Participating in departmental meetings as required by communicating a clear & consistent message regarding department goals to produce desired results
- Share in management tasks including inventory, training, interviewing, scheduling staff, cleaning and other tasks as requested by management.
- Development of written and verbal training materials, exams and other aids to enhance staff knowledge, expertise and professionalism.
- Lead by example fostering departmental teamwork and collaboration.
- Ensure proper service standards are defined and executed, redirecting real time as needed. This includes all steps of service and alcohol service, to help train and assist in the smooth flow of meal courses in any way needed. This could include plating, bussing, running expo, or other duties as required.
- Review and modify schedules as needed
- Promptly and courteously attend to all known guest issues and concerns
- Ensure excellence in day-to-day operation by maintaining established standards with respect to service and presentation.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
- Protect the safety of self, team members and Ginger and Baker Guests at all times.
- Promptly report any incidents and/or potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s).
- Report/document safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as required.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities RequiredDISCRETION/ INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT • This position represents Ginger and Baker in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances. As a Manager you will be expected to work with team members and guests to ensure satisfaction. • As a Manager, this position will be expected to take initiative and demonstrate creativity in resolving challenges; involving other managers and team mates. • Remains calm under pressure.
Preferred Education and Experience
(2+) years of relevant or Forbes/AAA Four (4) star/diamond Hotel/Restaurant F&B Management experience; not required, but preferred. Must have basic proficiency of Microsoft Word & Excel software applications. Must possess good knowledge of service, wine and spirit service.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have TIPS, Serve Safe and any County required certifications. Ginger and Baker will pay for these and additional required trainings if you do not have current certification.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.