Bakery Team Member
The bakery team at Ginger and Baker is looking for a motivated, experienced baker for full time hours. We serve a multi-concept building by providing artisan breads and desserts for our Café restaurant, The Cache restaurant, Coffee shop, our Teaching Kitchen, two event spaces, and two patios.
This position is responsible for scaling, preparing, producing, baking and finishing breads, pies, pastries, cookies, and desserts according to standard recipes, in order to contribute to the overall guest satisfaction.
This opportunity supports a high-volume of product with an opportunity to learn various techniques showcasing our creativity and use of locally and seasonally selected ingredients. If you are a positive and hard-working individual with interest and passion to learn and grow with our company, then this position is for you.
- Ensure that everything you do is consistent with the mission of the company.
- Exemplify a sense of urgency in the bakery.
- Prepare food of consistent quality, following recipes and production standards.
- Produce consistent high-quality production for a variety of bakery items according to recipes and techniques within production timelines.
- Date all food containers and rotate product, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures at all times.
- Check pars and covers for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and display-case set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping the bakery stocked and clean at all times.
- Understanding of bakery menus, descriptions, methods, ingredients, and allergens.
- Consistently and accurately read recipes, scale ingredients, evaluate products and mise en place.
- Must understand basic methods/techniques of doughs, pies, cookies, lamination, creaming, custards, meringues, mousse and bread baking.
- Able to maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment with the understanding of pars, inventory and basic ordering within the operation.
- Must understand the importance of farmer/vendor relationships and community outreach.
- Ensure guest satisfaction, Team Member satisfaction and the development of cost-effective practices.
- Keeps spoilage/waste to a minimum by producing and utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean mixers, ovens, tilt skillets, sheeter, induction burners, kitchen aids, and bakery small wares.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to show up at work for your scheduled shift on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required• You will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges and involve the Chef when previous methods have been unsuccessful. • Remain calm under pressure. • Ability to work efficiently.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years baking/pastry experience in a professional kitchen, high-volume experience preferred.
- Pastry/Baking degree is a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Required ServSafe Food Handlers Certificate.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands to handle/feel/reach. Communication is necessary. The employee frequently is required to taste and smell food. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat/cold.