Assistant Restaurant Manager
As a member of the management team, this position is instrumental in fulfilling the goals for the property and executing the Ginger and Baker philosophy. Of primary importance is to create an atmosphere that will inspire guests and associates to return. This will be accomplished by the proper implementation, promotion and success of our operations through continual evaluation of the products/services provided while ensuring effective training of the service teams. The Assistant Manager must help instill a strong atmosphere of service excellence in order to promote self-motivation for the staff and will act quickly to redirect performance as soon as discrepancies are observed/experienced. The individual will work with Café management to develop guidelines and goals within the structure of the budget, achieving results through practice of prudent management techniques and cost controlling measures. Working as a team, the management of the Café will coordinate and oversee all aspects and functions of the restaurant. A key part of every employee’s job is to serve as a Ginger and Baker ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will assist in the daily restaurant operations with a focus on flawless execution to enhance the guest experience and increase restaurant profit.
- Identifying any developmental needs of the service team and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping them to improve their knowledge or skills
- Ability to motivate others to accomplish goals
- Providing guidance and direction to the team, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Ensuring compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards, and procedures through training, supervising, and providing follow-up and hands-on management; including all applicable laws and regulations, as well as food handling and sanitation standards
- Ensuring staff understands and complies with all local, state, and federal liquor laws
- Meeting with guests on an informal basis (during meals or upon departure) to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels, and overall satisfaction
- Implement corrective actions such as coaching & counseling are taken as needed, to continuously improve service results
- Ensuring all associates have proper supplies, equipment & uniform
- Participating in departmental meetings as required by communicating a clear & consistent message regarding department goals to produce desired results
- Ability to partner and build relationships with management, colleagues and vendors while demonstrating leadership and integrity and promoting team success
- Represents Ginger and Baker at community and industry events as necessary.
- Share in management tasks including inventory, training, interviewing, scheduling staff, cleaning and other reasonable tasks as requested by management
Preferred Education and Experience
Must possess minimum Associates college degree or equivalent educational experience. Two (2+) years of relevant or Forbes/AAA Four (4) star/diamond Hotel/Restaurant F&B Management experience. Must have basic proficiency of Microsoft Word & Excel software applications. Must possess good knowledge of service, wine and spirit service.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have TIPS, County required certifications.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.