Ginger and Baker is a place to gather for every occasion and we are seeking a Customer Service and Administrative Lead to support the guest experience in every interaction. Key requirements include curiosity about the business, the ability to learn new information quickly and enthusiasm for guest interactions. We are looking for someone who is helpful and organized by nature, with a can-do attitude and a desire to learn everything there is to know about our offerings to support the guest.
This position will work to support teams in all departments, conveying our brand to customers over the phone and in person to create experiences like none other.
• This generally includes answering phones, capturing accurate and complete information related to guests and their requests, making reservations while noting guest preferences, filtering and routing calls, data entry, team communication and maintaining records.
• Welcome callers and guests graciously in a professional manner and handle requests promptly in person and over the phone.
• This position coordinates with all front of house teams to assist and assure we are responsive to guests.
• Executing menu edits and menu printing.
• While in-coming calls and guest interactions are of primary importance, the nature of the job allows for additional time to execute administrative tasks that support our Market, such as:
o Receive and process new products
o Help maintain and organize inventory
o Packing and shipping orders
• Always hold yourself to the highest Customer Service standards.
• Effective execution of guest recovery, sales bookings for reservation, events or classes and beyond.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities RequiredClear, effective verbal and written English communication skills are essential. This position requires excellent organization skills and attention to detail. The ability to operate a telephone, computer, and various software is expected, with Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge. Knowledge of reservation platforms is helpful. With demonstrated skills in organization, planning, communication and customer service, the role has the potential for growth and additional responsibilities including event management, administrative oversight of other customer service personnel, and scheduled shifts in our customer-facing areas such as To Go and the Market. • This position does represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances. As an employee you will be expected to work with Team Members and Guests to ensure satisfaction. • At times you may have to take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges and involve a Manager when previous methods have been unsuccessful. • Remains calm under pressure
Preferred Education and Experience
• Must possess minimum Associates college degree or equivalent educational experience.
• Two (2+) years of relevant Customer Service/Hotel/Restaurant/Banquet/Catering/F&B experience.
• Must have proficiency of Microsoft Word & Excel software applications.
• Must possess some knowledge of hospitality industry.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have or obtain TIPS aid and SERV Safe/County required certifications. Ginger and Baker will organize and fund required trainings.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.